GotSport Account - Coach / Manager
Coach / Manager Registration
Coach and Manger registration is free, thank you for volunteering your time!
All Coaches-Registration/Background Checks
All coaches, assistant coaches, and managers need to be registered and have an approved background check. We are issuing coach cards for all our recreational coaches. These will take the place of the background check cards that are shown when you are approved. You need to register using the coach link on the registration tab. You will automatically be sent a confirmation email with your GotSoccer coach account login information.
The background check access is on your GotSoccer coach account in the gray bar. You will click either submit new report. The new report box will bring up an online form for you to fill out and submit. Once you have registered as a coach, you will need to email the registrar about signing your coach card. Thanks so much for volunteering with Eagle Mountain Soccer Association.
Expectations for a EMSA Coach
The coach of a team sets the attitude of everyone around them. This includes the players, parents and spectators. As the coach "the leader of the team" your responsibility is to provide a positive environment in which the children can learn and develop. The lessons that they learn extend beyond the child's soccer skills.
They include how to deal with conflict and how to demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after the game. Eagle Mountain Soccer Association expects the coach to lead by example and do their very best to provide a positive soccer
experience for their team. Please keep this in mind when interacting with players, parents, referees and the opposing team.
Primary focus on "development", not "winning" - subtle difference but very important. Winning is desirable of course, but making it your primary focus, especially your primary short-term focus, will most likely lead to bad decisions in your training program and game execution.
- We are so excited that you want to be a volunteer with Eagle Mountain Soccer Association. Before you
can be involved with Eagle Mountain Soccer Association, you must complete Safe Sport training. This
training is of NO COST to you other than about 90 minutes of your time.
Login to GotSport to get to SafeSports training
- Select Details next to SafeSports
- To start safe sports course, select on the “Start Course”
- Once on the Safe sport registration page input all required information.
- Once the information has been inputted (if required) an email will be sent. Go and verify email
- Once verification is completed log into safe sports through previous instructions. (if required)
- If already a safe sports member, proceed to the upper right corner of the scree to login. Please
login with the same credentials you used before.
- A window will pop up for enrollment go ahead and select enroll.
- Once the window closes there will be on the coach’s screen “My Courses”.
- My Course should have a 90 min Computer Base Training for SafeSports Trained. This is for new
- For returning coaches there will be refresher courses 1,2,3. You must complete one of the
refreshers to be certified. It will be the one that you haven’t completed.
- Note: if none of the course show up go into the Course Catalog to find courses.
Note: If courses don’t show up use the help menu
Learning Service & Support - Jira Service
or call helpline (
Once completed with Safe Sports please log back into GotSport to verify that the safe sports were fulfilled. If it doesn’t show, select the check records button.
Enter full filling the Safe Sports please complete the background check requirement.
When logged into
scroll down to the detail tab next to background check.
Once on the next page select start report.
Once on the background page please fill in all required fields to complete.
The background check will normally take 1-3 business days maybe more. Be Patient
Once Safe Sports is completed a coach will not be required to complete until next seasonal year. All
requirements will expire the following year in May.
Also View The Following